Providing learning opportunities to improve personal development
Our Study programmes are geared towards being focused on progression to the next level of education, a traineeship or apprenticeship, or other employment.
Learners can take part in meaningful work experience (related to the vocational area) and/or other non-qualification activity to develop learners personal skills and/or prepare them for employment, training or higher/further education.
We run our Traineeships and Study Programmes with a keen focus on skills needed for the next step. Learners are expected to attend the academy 4 days per week during their Study Programme. Learners must call in person before 9am to report any absences and book any holiday requests via their tutor. We operate a strike system to manage behaviour and absences.
The programme consists of 3 parts:
- FUNCTIONAL SKILLS - these are English, Maths and ICT; up to L2 (GCSE equivalent of grade A-C)
- WORK SKILLS AND PREPARATION - CV preparation, interview skills, job search skills, extended and short work tasters/placements in your chosen occupational areas and budget managing.
- PERSONAL AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT - this includes independent living, healthy eating, cooking, volunteering, citzenship plus a range of activities, sports and visits.
Qualifications you can acheive:
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (Entry 3 – L2)
- City and Guilds Employability Qualification at Level 1 or Level 2